The international Igor Ozim Summer Violin School in Velenje with its master programme has one of the longest traditions in Slovenia. Its origins go back to 1984, when it first took place in Ljubljana and later in Bled. Two years after its emergence its venue was permanently transferred to the newly built Music School in Velenje. Over the years the Igor Ozim Summer Violin School has hosted over 430 young, talented people from 24 different countries, many of whom have later become successful musicians. A number of different people have participated in the organization of the school over the years; two of them have been part of the project the longest: Ciril Vertačnik and Ivan Marin.
23nd international summer violin school - prof. Igor Ozim (23.-30. 8. 2018)
Music School Fran Korun Koželjski Velenje (Slovenia)
Thursday, 23rd - Thursday, 30th August 2018
Alan Brown, piano accompanist
Društvo Consortium musicae Velanensis and
Velenje music school (Glasbena šola Velenje)
Summer school course
• Violin literature from all periods.
• Every active participant will receive individual lessons with prof. Igor Ozim and with prof. Wonji Kim-Ozim.
• A piano accompanist prof. Alan Brown will be provided, participants may work with their own piano accompanist.
• Participants will be able to perform at course recitals and final concert on Thursday, August 30th 2018.
• Every active participant will have practise room at his/her disposal all day.
• active participants: 350 EUR (lessons and work with piano accompanist)
• tuition for passive participants: daily: 25 EUR / 5 days: 100 EUR
• One half of the tuition must be paid at the time of registration, and the other half at least one day before the beginning of the summer school.
Account number: SI56024260015376198 (Društvo Consortium musicae Velanensis, Jenkova 4, SI-3320 Velenje)
Reference: SI00 08-2018
• completed application form should be send by June 15nd 2018
Opening meeting and audition
• Thursday, August 23th 2018 at 10 AM in Glasbena šola
(Music School) Fran Korun Koželjski, Jenkova 4, Velenje.
• applicants who do not pass the audition can become passive participants
• anyone who does not wish to participate active can become a passive participant
• every applicant has to list at least 3 works which he/she wants to study
• every applicant must bring all piano parts of accompaniment music listed on application form to the audition
• every participant consents to the organizer’s rights to use photographic material, audio and video recordings of her/him
• every applicant covers his own traveling expenses
• every participant will receive official certificate of the summer school
• number of active particiants is limited
• all participants should organize their accommodation and meals during the course by themselves
• for more information about accommodation please contact: email@example.com
Mob.: +386 (0)30 336 646
Urška Šramel Vučina
Tel.: +386 (0)3 898 12 22
Mob.: +386 (0)41 981 097
Mob.: +386 (0)40 681 304
ACCOMODATIONS IN AND NEAR VELENJE
Below you will find the attachment with some accomodation offers. When making the booking please make sure to state that you are a taking part in Ozim summer school – an offer is prepared especially for violin summer school participants/visitors. for more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org